GENERAL FINISHES HIGH PERFORMANCE: Satin
Watch Sara apply High Performance Satin Water Based Topcoat to this stained tabletop. Here are the keys to an effortless, even finish:
- Use a large applicator for large surfaces, such as a paint pad.
- Apply liberally with minimal back-brushing.
- Leave the final lapmarks alone and WALK AWAY. They will tighten down.
- 3 coats is plenty. Dry 2+ hours between coats and finish sand in between coats with a used 220 sanding pad or a new 320 sanding pad. You can tell if the finish is dry enough to sand if it kicks up a white, powdery dust with the sanding pad.
- Wait 72+ hours if applying over an oil-based finish.